The Smooth CE 7.4 is a high-end but surprisingly affordable elliptical. Its detailed readings, patient generous stride, pharm and exceptional ergodynamics make it comparable to a commercial workout machine. However, decease the CE 7.4 doesn’t offer much more than the cheaper Smooth CE 3.7.
Elliptical Hits of the Smooth CE 7.4
- Long stride – The 21” stride is ideal for taller users. However, they won’t be able to share the machine with their smaller friends and family members.
- Multiple profiles – More than one user can save workout information in the console.
- Sturdy frame – The steel-framed CE 7.4 has a 350-pound user capacity.
- Ergonomic pedals – Pedals on this trainer have orthopedic cushioning. They also pivot to support muscle-building and reduce fatigue.
- Heavy drive – Smooth Fitness ellipticals have above-average flywheels for their price range.
- Heart rate sensors – The Smooth CE 7.4 includes a wireless heart rate sensor and chest belt. Heart rate information can be transferred to the console for automatic program adjustment.
- Fan – A three-setting fan helps users keep cool.
- Great warranty – Customers get lifetime warranties on the frame and brake, a three-year warranty on other parts, and two years of labor.
- Programs – Eight programs provide adequate variety for some users. There are 16 levels of intensity.
Overall Rating for the Smooth Fitness CE 7.4 Elliptical
The Smooth CE 7.4 can be sure to endure, but for many users the Smooth CE 3.7 would be a better choice. Compared to that model, the 7.4 has exceptionally detailed readouts – but the Smooth 7.4 doesn’t have the adjustable stride, dynamic motion control, or iPod dock and speakers of the 3.7.