UPDATE – The Sole E55 elliptical is no longer available from Sole as it has been replaced by the E35 or higher end E95. However, generic it is still available from the link below, if only this model is required.
The Sole E55 elliptical is a step up from the highly-rated E35. Its main differences include the addition of adjustable foot pedals, the ability to save two user profiles, and a wireless heart rate monitor.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get
- Long stride – The entire E series (E55-E95) features 20” strides.
- Great warranty – Sole shows confidence in the E55 by including a lifetime warranty on the frame, five years for other parts, and two years of in-home labor.
- Heart rate control – The E55’s wireless heart rate monitor interacts with workout programs to provide more effective cardiovascular training.
- Programs – The E55 has ten built-in programs and 20 resistance levels.
- Ergonomics – Some special ergonomic features on the E55 elliptical include uniquely tilted pedals, molded hand grips, and extra smooth dual-wheel rollers.
- Tilted pedals – The angled pedals on Sole elliptical trainers are designed to protect the ankles and knees from strain. The 2-degree tilt is unique to Sole products.
- Incline – The entire workout surface can be tilted from 15 to 40 degrees to help users exercise different muscle groups and burn calories even more efficiently.
- Extras – In addition to providing great workout basics, the Sole E55 includes an MP3 hookup and built-in speakers.
- Heavy flywheel – This machine’s 27-pound flywheel helps ensure a smooth elliptical motion and effective resistance.
- High weight capacity – The sturdy E55 has a 350-pound capacity.
Overall Rating for the Sole E55 Elliptical
Sole’s E55 elliptical is a cut above the E25 and E35, which are fine models themselves. The brand’s standard 20” stride and tilted adjustable pedals are accompanied by 2 user IDs and special cardiovascular programs. Some households will find that the E55’s extra features are worth the additional expense, but others will be satisfied with Sole’s slightly cheaper ellipticals, the E25 and E35.