SportsArt America has been importing upper-end fitness equipment for more than 30 years. Their home ellipticals are manufactured in Taiwan from high-quality parts and can be considered light commercial trainers. One hallmark of SportsArt ellipticals is their long adjustable strides.
Current offerings include the SportsArt 81 and 83 plus the E821-E830 series. These feature some of the best warranties in the industry and are highly recommended cross trainers.
Features of SportsArt Elliptical Trainers
- Variable strides – Stride options on SportsArt ellipticals are excellent. For instance, the E830 can be electronically adjusted from 17” to 29”. This versatility makes the machine suitable for users of widely varied heights, and it also lets each person use the machine in a number of ways to target different muscle groups. Strides can be adjusted on all current SportsArt elliptical trainers except for the simplest model, the E81.
- Auto-cushion pedals – This brand’s patented MyFlex™ pedal cushioning system detects user weight and automatically adjusts to provide optimal support. This unique system is used on all current SportsArt ellipticals except the entry-level E81, which has standard cushioning inserts.
- Average to wider pedal spacing – One possible drawback for users with sensitive hips is the pedal spacing, which isn’t too wide (typically 3.5”) but isn’t optimized for very long workouts either.
- Steel frames – The high-end trainers from SportsArt are durable machines made of heavy gauge welded steel. User capacities range from 400 pounds on the E81 to 450 pounds on the E830.
- Varied workout options – These machines typically have about 12 workout programs plus a manual mode.
- Heart rate monitors – Wireless telemetry is included with all the machines, and some also have grip pulse monitors.
- Green power – Most SportsArt ellipticals use mains electricity, but the E822 utilizes user-generated power plus a battery backup.
- Superior warranties – Residential and commercial customers alike get excellent coverage on SportsArt ellipticals. A typical SportsArt warranty for in-home use includes a lifetime warranty on the frame and mechanical parts, ten years on electronic parts, and a year of labor.
Overall Rating for SportsArt Elliptical Trainers
SportsArt offers very well-made products for the upper end of the home fitness market. The auto-cushion pedals, adjustable strides, and long warranties are especially appealing.
While SportsArt ellipticals are almost certain to satisfy, customers who like to shop around might also want to research the brand’s top competitors such as Landice and True.