The “True” in True Fitness is founder and CEO Frank Trulaske. Since 1991, the St. Louis entrepreneur has overseen the design and manufacturing of premium residential and commercial fitness equipment. Popular True Fitness ellipticals are available with a choice of Basic console or Advanced console. Both types include varied workout programming and iPod ports, but the Advanced version includes a touchscreen LCD television and other luxuries.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of True Elliptical Crosstrainers
- Center drives –Some True ellipticals, such as the LC900, have a center drive or core drive system to help people more easily remain balanced during exercise. The center drive design also makes the units more space-efficient than rear drive and front drive ellipticals.
- Long strides – True’s 21” stride lets most adults use their natural range of motion.
- Ergonomic pedals – The pedals have orthopedic cushioning to promote comfort and endurance, and they’re narrowly spaced to promote healthy hip movement.
- Ergonomic handlebars – True’s handlebars are well-cushioned and are suitable for a wide range of body sizes. Also, with frequent use in mind, the handlebars have been treated with a moisture-repellent material to avoid staining.
- Sturdy frame – Durable True crosstrainers weigh more than 350 pounds and can support up to 450 pounds.
- Great workout options – Both the Basic and Advanced versions of True ellipticals have MIX3 programs. These guide people through exercising different parts of the body for highly efficient cross training.
- Heart rate control – A wireless heart rate monitor makes it easy to maximize each workout: the True HRC Cruise Control™ workout automatically adjusts program intensity to help keep an exerciser within a specified heart range.
- Good commercial warranties – True Fitness elliptical trainers are sold with lifetime frame protection, up to five years of protection on moving parts, and a year of labor. The touchscreen on the Advanced console is covered for three years.
Overall Rating for True Elliptical Trainers
True Fitness manufactures superior workout machines that keep people returning to the gym. Time flies by during workouts thanks to MIX3 personal training, a variety of preset workouts, and built-in entertainment options. Furthermore, True pays attention to workmanship from an elliptical’s drive to its paint finish and offers better-than-average commercial warranties. The True Fitness elliptical brand is highly recommended.
True is a top-class elliptical brand that competes well with Cybex, Life Fitness, and other premium fitness equipment brands. True ellipticals, which are cross trainers, are known for their long strides and extra resistance levels – 25 compared to the typical 20. Residential and commercial versions are available.
Features of True Elliptical Trainers
- Long strides – A 21” stride is typical on True cross trainers, and the TSXa stands out for a long adjustable stride.
- Comfortable pedals – The pedals have orthopedic cushioning to promote comfort and endurance.
- Adjustable handlebars – The True EST elliptical features adjustable handlebars that help tailor the machine to users of different heights and also let people focus on toning different arm muscles.
- Console variety – The consoles on the TSX and TSXa are easy to use, but for the high price of a True, some customers expect more advanced graphics. The EST stands out for its 7” LCD touchscreen.
- Steel frames – These are durable machines made of heavy gauge welded steel. User weight capacities are typically 350 pounds.
- Great workout options – The TSX and TSXa help True stand out from other brands by offering separate resistance controls for the upper body and lower body. With their MIX3 system, these machines can also be programmed to use just the upper body, just the lower body, or the whole body at once. True ellipticals also include programs with heart rate control.
- Heart rate monitors – Wireless heart rate monitors make it more convenient to maximize workouts. Users can be sure to exercise within a specified heart rate range, and preset workout programs can automatically adjust in intensity in response to heart rate data.
- Good warranties – True elliptical warranties tend to stand up well to the competition. The TSX, for instance, includes 30 years on the frame, five years on parts, and a year of labor.
Overall Rating for True Elliptical Trainers
True offers durable ellipticals with superior ergonomics. Orthopedic pedals, touchscreens, and adjustable strides help these machines provide comfortable, efficient, and highly effective workouts.