The Weslo Momentum 220X is a discount cross trainer that’s garnered few positive reviews. While Weslo ellipticals in general are not known for their durability, the 220X is especially substandard.
Elliptical Hits: Positive Features of the Weslo 220X Elliptical
- Healthy stride – The 220X has an 18” stride. That’s the longest available on any Weslo elliptical, and it suits most people of average to tall height.
- Heart rate monitor – A dual-grip heart rate monitor is built into the handlebars of the Momentum 220X.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Avoid Weslo 220X Ellipticals
The Weslo 220X rates lower than other ellipticals in several categories:
- Capacity – Customer reviews have cast doubt on the 220X’s advertised capacity of 250 pounds. The bolts loosen easily on their own, so daily elliptical use could quickly become accompanied by daily elliptical maintenance.
- Programs – The 220X only has four workout programs. These are designed for heart health and weight loss.
- Extras – As discount elliptical trainers, Weslo machines do not include extras such as incline ramps or built-in sound systems.
- Resistance – This machine has only 10 levels of resistance, so it offers fewer workout options than most other ellipticals do.
- Warranty – The Momentum 220X, like other Weslo ellipticals, has a short 90-day warranty for parts and labor.
Overall Rating for the Weslo 220X Elliptical
Weslo ellipticals are designed for budget-minded consumers. However, it doesn’t make financial sense to spend a few hundred dollars on a machine that will quickly fall apart.
If you definitely want a discount elliptical, then your best bet with Weslo could be the Momentum 730. The Eclipse 1100 HRA is also a good competitor in this price range.